Subject: [OMPI devel] migrating to newer AC/AM/LT
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-07 15:37:48

FYI -- a little motivation for developers to upgrade your local copies
of AC/AM/LT, I finally upgraded my Cisco development cluster today to
the latest of everything and ran a quick configure benchmark:

- AC 2.61, AM 1.10, LT 2.2.2: 2m38s
- AC 2.62, AM 1.10.1, LT 2.2.4: 2m10s

The upgrade of AC to 2.62 (with the new gm4) seemed to deliver the
performance increases that Rolf W. mentioned a little while ago. Just
watching config.status run, it was fairly obvious that 2.62's version
was faster. Woo hoo!

The above tests were on a local disk; if you're configuring on a
network filesystem, I would expect the speedup to be larger.

Cisco Systems