Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OMPI Mercurial read-only mirror
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-05 10:18:28

Depending on how that works, it could be quite interesting -- it opens
up the possibility of leaving SVN as the "back-end" repository, but
also fully supporting HG as well. I don't know if that's really
sensible / useful (i.e., why not fully convert to HG if we're going to
do HG), but it's an option...

On May 5, 2008, at 10:13 AM, Josh Hursey wrote:

> Per our conversation in Chicago - It looks like Mercurial has a Google
> Summer of Code student working on the Mercurial -push-> Subversion
> problem we were talking about:
> csaid=2757CDDD2156F1A7
> For those not at the meeting this has to do with interoperability
> between Subversion and Mercurial. Mercurial has decent tools for
> making a read only copy of a Subversion repository (exactly like we
> have just setup for Open MPI), but the problem is pushing changes made
> to the Mercurial clone back to Subversion. The current technique is to
> create a patch from Mercurial and apply it by hand to the Subversion
> repository. Maybe this will be improved this summer.
> -- Josh
>> FWIW, our goal is to be able to have the OMPI developers be able to
>> use their same SVN username/password to be able to publish hg trees
>> on
>> (or But using an outside hosting service is also
>> a possibility.
>> It's not a high priority issue at the moment, but we'll be looking
>> into it in the not-distant future.
>> --
>> Jeff Squyres
>> Cisco Systems