Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OMPI Mercurial read-only mirror
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-05 10:13:15

Per our conversation in Chicago - It looks like Mercurial has a Google
Summer of Code student working on the Mercurial -push-> Subversion
problem we were talking about:
   http://code.google.com/soc/2008/hg/appinfo.html?
csaid=2757CDDD2156F1A7

For those not at the meeting this has to do with interoperability
between Subversion and Mercurial. Mercurial has decent tools for
making a read only copy of a Subversion repository (exactly like we
have just setup for Open MPI), but the problem is pushing changes made
to the Mercurial clone back to Subversion. The current technique is to
create a patch from Mercurial and apply it by hand to the Subversion
repository. Maybe this will be improved this summer.

-- Josh