Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OMPI Mercurial read-only mirror
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-05 08:04:03

On May 5, 2008, at 7:49 AM, Terry Dontje wrote:

>> Mercurial is a fully distributed system. So instead of thinking
>> of /tmp
>> branch, you should think of publishing your repository, which has
>> your
>> commits in it. As I understand it, open-mpi.org is not set up for
>> publishing other repositories yet, but it is quite easy to set up a
>> mercurial server; there are also several places that will host one
>> for
>> you: http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/MercurialHosting

FWIW, our goal is to be able to have the OMPI developers be able to
use their same SVN username/password to be able to publish hg trees on www.open-mpi.org
  (or hg.open-mpi.org). But using an outside hosting service is also
a possibility.

It's not a high priority issue at the moment, but we'll be looking
into it in the not-distant future.

Cisco Systems