Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OMPI Mercurial read-only mirror
From: Roland Dreier (rdreier_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-04 14:50:47

> > > Can I make a /tmp branch from the hg read-only branch that is not tied
> > > to the svn /tmp branches.

> > Why do you want to do that?
> >
> > Mercurial is a fully distributed system, so you could just start
> > committing to one of your local copies of the repository, and I can't
> > see anything missing that a /tmp branch would give you.

> Same reason you do an SVN tmp branch. So others (outside of my
> employer's WAN) can actually clone the branch and try it out before you
> push it back to the repository.

Mercurial is a fully distributed system. So instead of thinking of /tmp
branch, you should think of publishing your repository, which has your
commits in it. As I understand it, is not set up for
publishing other repositories yet, but it is quite easy to set up a
mercurial server; there are also several places that will host one for

 - R.