Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] MCA component open
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-02 10:37:11

I don't believe we have the logic in place to tell mca_component_open
'do not open anything'. (I could be wrong though).

Adding such an option might be useful, but we would have to consider
how that option should be specified by the user. Currently if you do
not set a value (leave empty space in mca-params.conf) then the MCA
system takes this to indicate that all components are eligible for
selection. If you specify any options then only those options should
be opened. We could add a special keyword (such as 'none') to indicate
'open nothing'.

What do people think about that?

-- Josh