Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] MCA component open
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-02 09:53:41

(moving to devel list for wider audience)

Hmm. I thought the UTK stuff from a while ago supposedly changed this
behavior to only open the components that were specifically requested.

This behavior looks like the *original* MCA behavior -- open them all,
then discard what we don't want (but doesn't necessarily reclaim the
memory because of how dlclose works).

On May 2, 2008, at 9:48 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> Yo guys
>
> I've noticed something on the trunk that just doesn't strike me as
> correct.
> If I specify "-mca plm rsh", it is my expectation that (a) only the
> rsh
> component will be opened, and (b) only the rsh module will be
> selected,
> unless that component indicates that it cannot run.
>
> What I am seeing, though, is that -all- the plm components are being
> opened.
> This is not only unnecessary, but consumes memory and leads to
> concern over
> whether or not some other module could become active.
>
> Is this the intended behavior? If so, may I suggest we change it in
> Josh's
> branch prior to bringing it over?
>
> Ralph

Cisco Systems