Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Memchecker: breaks trunk again
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-21 10:10:36

Hmm. I do not have this problem on OS X (where I do not have Valgrind
installed) as of this morning's trunk. configure correctly determines
that valgrind is not present and therefore continues on:

--- MCA component memchecker:valgrind (m4 configuration macro)
checking for MCA component memchecker:valgrind compile mode... static
checking if MCA component memchecker:valgrind can compile... no

...etc.

Note that your message indicates that configure thinks that valgrind
support was explicitly requested. In this case, configure thinks,
"you explicitly requested it, I cannot provide it, so I should abort
rather than give unexpected results."

Can you send your full configure output and config.log?

Cisco Systems