Subject: [OMPI devel] Change in btl/tcp
From: Adrian Knoth (adi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-16 07:39:19

As of r18169, I've changed the acceptance rules for incoming BTL-TCP

The old code would have denied a connection in case of non-matching
addresses (comparison between source address and expected source

Unfortunately, you cannot always say which source address an incoming
packet will have (it's the sender's kernel who decides), so rejecting a
connection due to "wrong" source address caused a complete hang.

I had several cases, mostly multi-cluster setups, where this has happend
all the time. (typical scenario: you're expecting the headnode's
internal address, but since you're talking to another cluster,
the kernel uses the headnode's external address)

Though I've tested it as much as possible, I don't know if it breaks
your setup, especially the multi-rail stuff. George?

Cluster and Metacomputing Working Group
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Germany