Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: changes to modex
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-02 15:45:20

On Apr 2, 2008, at 1:58 PM, Gleb Natapov wrote:
>> No, I think it would be fine to only send the output after
>> btl_openib_if_in|exclude is applied. Perhaps we need an MCA param to
>> say "always send everything" in the case that someone applies a non-
>> homogeneous if_in|exclude set of values...?
>>
>> When is carto stuff applied? Is that what you're really asking
>> about?
>>
> There is no difference between carto and include/exclude.

You mean in terms of when they are applied?

> I can specify
> different openib_if_include values for different procs on the same
> host.

I know you *can*, but it is certainly uncommon. The common case is
that it's the same for all procs on all hosts. I guess there's a few
cases:

1. homogeneous include/exclude, no carto: send all in node info; no
proc info
2. homogeneous include/exclude, carto is used: send all ports in node
info; send index in proc info for which node info port index it will use
3. heterogeneous include/exclude, no cart: need user to tell us that
this situation exists (e.g., use another MCA param), but then is same
as #2
4. heterogeneous include/exclude, cart is used, same as #3

Right?

Cisco Systems