Open MPI logo

Open MPI Development Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Development mailing list

Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Ssh tunnelling broken in trunk?
From: Jon Mason (jon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-02 14:21:31


On Wednesday 02 April 2008 11:54:50 am Ralph H Castain wrote:
> I remember that someone had found a bug that caused orte_debug_flag to not
> get properly set (local var covering over a global one) - could be that
> your tmp-public branch doesn't have that patch in it.
>
> You might try updating to the latest trunk

I updated my ompi-trunk tree, did a clean build, and I still seem the same
problem. I regressed trunk to rev 17589 and everything works as I expect.
So I think the problem is still there in the top of trunk.

I don't discount user error, but I don't think I am doing anyting different.
Did some setting change that perhaps I did not modify?

Thanks,
Jon

> On 4/2/08 10:41 AM, "George Bosilca" <bosilca_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > I'm using this feature on the trunk with the version from yesterday.
> > It works without problems ...
> >
> > george.
> >
> > On Apr 2, 2008, at 12:14 PM, Jon Mason wrote:
> >> On Wednesday 02 April 2008 11:07:18 am Jeff Squyres wrote:
> >>> Are these r numbers relevant on the /tmp-public branch, or the trunk?
> >>
> >> I pulled it out of the command used to update the branch, which was:
> >> svn merge -r 17590:17917 https://svn.open-mpi.org/svn/ompi/trunk .
> >>
> >> In the cpc tmp branch, it happened at r17920.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Jon
> >>
> >>> On Apr 2, 2008, at 11:59 AM, Jon Mason wrote:
> >>>> I regressed my tree and it looks like it happened between
> >>>> 17590:17917
> >>>>
> >>>> On Wednesday 02 April 2008 10:22:52 am Jon Mason wrote:
> >>>>> I am noticing that ssh seems to be broken on trunk (and my cpc
> >>>>> branch, as
> >>>>> it is based on trunk). When I try to use xterm and gdb to debug, I
> >>>>> only
> >>>>> successfully get 1 xterm. I have tried this on 2 different
> >>>>> setups. I can
> >>>>> successfully get the xterm's on the 1.2 svn branch.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> I am running the following command:
> >>>>> mpirun --n 2 --host vic12,vic20 -mca btl tcp,self -d xterm -e
> >>>>> gdb /usr/mpi/gcc/openmpi-1.2-svn/tests/IMB-3.0/IMB-MPI1
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Is anyone else seeing this problem?
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Thanks,
> >>>>> Jon
> >>>>> _______________________________________________
> >>>>> devel mailing list
> >>>>> devel_at_[hidden]
> >>>>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/devel
> >>>>
> >>>> _______________________________________________
> >>>> devel mailing list
> >>>> devel_at_[hidden]
> >>>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/devel
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> devel mailing list
> >> devel_at_[hidden]
> >> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/devel
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > devel mailing list
> > devel_at_[hidden]
> > http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/devel
>
> _______________________________________________
> devel mailing list
> devel_at_[hidden]
> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/devel