Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: changes to modex
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-02 12:08:47

On Apr 2, 2008, at 11:13 AM, Gleb Natapov wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 10:35:03AM -0400, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>> If we use carto to limit hcas/ports are used on a given host on a
>> per-
>> proc basis, then we can include some proc_send data to say "this proc
>> only uses indexes X,Y,Z from the node data". The indexes can be
>> either uint8_ts, or maybe even a variable length bitmap.
>>
> So you propose that each proc will send info (using node_send())
> about every
> hca/proc on a host even about those that are excluded from use by
> the proc
> just in case? And then each proc will have to send additional info
> (using
> proc_send() this time) to indicate what hcas/ports it is actually
> using?

No, I think it would be fine to only send the output after
btl_openib_if_in|exclude is applied. Perhaps we need an MCA param to
say "always send everything" in the case that someone applies a non-
homogeneous if_in|exclude set of values...?

When is carto stuff applied? Is that what you're really asking about?

Cisco Systems