Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: changes to modex
From: Gleb Natapov (glebn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-02 11:13:11

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 10:35:03AM -0400, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> If we use carto to limit hcas/ports are used on a given host on a per-
> proc basis, then we can include some proc_send data to say "this proc
> only uses indexes X,Y,Z from the node data". The indexes can be
> either uint8_ts, or maybe even a variable length bitmap.

So you propose that each proc will send info (using node_send()) about every
hca/proc on a host even about those that are excluded from use by the proc
just in case? And then each proc will have to send additional info (using
proc_send() this time) to indicate what hcas/ports it is actually using?

--
			Gleb.