Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Session directories in $HOME?
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-31 16:09:06

Taking a quick look at the commits it seems that r18037 looks like
the most likely cause of this problem.

Previously the session directory was forced to "/tmp" if no
environment variables were set. This revision removes this logic and
uses the opal_tmp_directory(). Though I agree with this change, I
think the logic for selecting the TMP directory should be extended to
use '/tmp' if it exists. If it does not then the home directory
should be a fine last alternative.

How does that sound as a solution? This would prevent us from
unexpectedly changing our running behavior in user environments in
which none of those variables are set.

Cheers,
Josh