Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RMAPS rank_file component patch and modifications for review
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-31 07:55:21

On Mar 27, 2008, at 8:02 AM, Lenny Verkhovsky wrote:

>> - I don't think we can delete the MCA param ompi_paffinity_alone; it
>> exists in the v1.2 series and has historical precedent.
> It will not be deleted,
> It will just use the same infrastructure ( slot_list parameter and
> opal_base functions ). It will be transparent for the user.
>
> User have 3 ways to setup it
> 1. mca opal_paffinity_alone 1
> This will set paffinity as it did before
> 2. mca opal_paffinity_slot_list "slot_list"
> Used to define slots that will be used for all ranks on all
> nodes.
> 3. mca rmaps_rank_file_path rankfile
> Assigning ranks to CPUs according to the file

I don't see the MCA parameter "mpi_paffinity_alone" anymore:

-----
[4:54] svbu-mpi:~/svn/ompi2 % ompi_info --param all all | grep
paffinity_alone
                 MCA opal: parameter "opal_paffinity_alone" (current
value: "0")
[4:54] svbu-mpi:~/svn/ompi2 %
-----

My point is that I don't think we should delete this parameter; there
is historical precedence for it (and it has been documented on the web
page for a long, long time). Perhaps it can now simply be a synonym
for opal_paffinity_alone (registered in the MPI layer, not opal).

Cisco Systems