Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Switching away from SVN?
From: Tony Breeds (tony_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-27 17:13:40

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 04:00:18PM -0400, George Bosilca wrote:
> After playing with hg and git for few days, I tend to agree with the
> emacs guys. It looks to me that any of them will do the job (as did
> svn). I don't really care which one will be selected by the community
> as long as we:
> 1. Don't spend months in deciding which one to choose.
> 2. Don't loose the nice integration o svn with our TRAC. Independent
> on how good/fast the dVCS is, the way svn integrate with trac is a
> real time saver. Tracking bugs, linking to revisions and to the wiki
> are really important features to me, and I think that whatever our
> decision will be we should not lose this.

For what it's worth I noticed this on one of the plents I read this
morning. It looks like someone has already done the work to use git as
a backend for TRAC
        http://www.terdmonk.com/using+git+as+a+trac+versioning+system+backend

Yours Tony

  linux.conf.au http://www.marchsouth.org/
  Jan 19 - 24 2009 The Australian Linux Technical Conference!