Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RMAPS rank_file component patch and modifications for review
From: Tim Prins (tprins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-26 08:09:29

Hi Lenny,

This looks good. But I have a couple of suggestions (which others may
disagree with):

1. You register an opal mca parameter, but look it up in ompi, then call
a opal function with the result. What if you had a function
opal_paffinity_base_set_slots(long rank) (or some other name, I don't
care) which looked up the mca parameter and then setup the slots as you
are doing if it is fount. This would make things a bit cleaner IMHO.

2. the functions in the paffinety base should be prefixed with
'opal_paffinity_base_'

3. Why was the ompi_debug_flag added? It is not used anywhere.

4. You probably do not need to add the opal debug flag. There is already
a 'paffinity_base_verbose' flag which should suit your purposes fine. So
you should just be able to replace all of the conditional output
statements in paffinity with something like
opal_output_verbose(10, opal_paffinity_base_output, ...),
where 10 is the verbosity level number.

Tim