Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Switching away from SVN?
From: Roland Dreier (rdreier_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-24 14:12:53

LWN.net has an interesting article about how Emacs chose a new version
control system: <http://lwn.net/Articles/272011/>

They were back in the CVS stone ages, but their main contenders were
the same big three of distributed VCSs: git, hg and bzr. The article
pulls out a couple of very good quotes from their discussion. The one
that caught my eye was from Richard Stallman:

    We already know the most important thing about what we will find from
    a careful study of git, mercurial and Bzr. We will find that each has
    its advantages and disadvantages -- but none of them conclusive. Each
    will be preferred by some people, but any one of them would work out
    well enough.

 - R.