Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] New libevent to trunk?
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-21 16:13:25

Josh,

  As you saw off-list, I've entered a BLCR bug for the epoll problems,
which I a certain are mine.

  What is the status of the problems you saw when testing w/ select()?
I don't know of any reason why BLCR would/could interfere with select(),
assuming the caller of select() is prepared to handle EINTR. So I don't
think that BLCR is at fault here, but am willing to be convinced
otherwise. Do you have any idea what the problem is w/ select()?

-Paul

Josh Hursey wrote:
> Go ahead and bring it in. I have c/r working with forcing poll for
> the event engine via the amca file. Supporting the other mechanisms
> will take a while and should not prevent this from being merged into
> the trunk.
>
> Thanks for checking though.
> Josh
>
> On Mar 21, 2008, at 11:53 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>> Josh --
>>
>> Where do we stand on bringing in the new libevent to the trunk this
>> weekend? Is it ok to import, or do you need more time to work with
>> the ramifications to the FT stuff?
>>
>> --
>> Jeff Squyres
>> Cisco Systems