Just wanted to give a heads-up to developers on two changes that will
be coming in in the [hopefully] not-distant future:
1. Per recent off-list discussions about the build system, I have done
some cleanups and standardizations in the various */tools/*/
Makefile.am files. A commit is coming soon that will:
- Somewhat simplify these Makefile.am's
- Make them consistent with each other (do similar actions in
- Update to remove old kruft that was required by older versions of
This work is nearly done; barring any problems from a code review,
it'll likely be committed soon.
2. Per discussions on the GNU libtool list and some advice from the
ever-helpful Ralf W., I now know how to remove much of the code
duplication in nearly every OMPI component Makefile.am. The resulting
Makefile.am's are much smaller and simpler.
This work is barely started; I'll likely do this with low frequency
over time (when I'm bored/brain-fried/procrastinating real work/etc.)
and make a big commit when it's all done.