Should we wait for the next LT point release? I see a fair amount of
activity on the bugs-libtool list; I think they're planning a new
release within the next few weeks.
(I think we will want to go to the LT point release when it comes out;
I don't really have strong feelings about going to 2.2 now or not)
On Mar 19, 2008, at 12:26 PM, Brian W. Barrett wrote:
> Hi all -
> Now that Libtool 2.2 has gone stable (2.0 was skipped entirely), it
> probably makes sense to update the version of Libtool used to build
> nightly tarball and releases for the trunk (and eventually v1.3)
> from the
> nightly snapshot we have been using to the stable LT 2.2 release.
> I've done some testing (ie, I installed LT 2.2 for another project,
> nothing in OMPI broke over the last couple of weeks), so I have some
> confidence this should be a smooth transition. If the group decides
> is a good idea, someone at IU would just have to install the new LT
> version and change some symlinks and it should all just work...
> devel mailing list