Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] rankfile questions
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-18 10:39:00

On Mar 18, 2008, at 9:32 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> I notice that rankfile didn't compile properly on some platforms and
> issued warnings on other platforms. Thanks to Ralph for cleaning it
> up...
>
> 1. I see a getenv("slot_list") in the MPI side of the code; it looks
> like $slot_list is set by the odls for the MPI process. Why isn't it
> an MCA parameter? That's what all other values passed by the orted to
> the MPI process appear to be.
>
> 2. I see that ompi_mpi_params.c is now registering 2 rmaps-level MCA
> parameters. Why? Shouldn't these be in ORTE somewhere?

A few more notes:

3. Most of the files in orte/mca/rmaps/rankfile do not obey the prefix
rule. I think that they should be renamed.

4. A quick look through rankfile_lex.l seems to show that there are
global variables that are not protected by the prefix rule (or
static). Ditto in rmaps_rf.c. These should be fixed.

5. rank_file_done was instantiated in both rankfile_lex.l and
ramps_rf.c (causing a duplicate symbol linker error on OS X). I
removed it from rmaps_rf.c (it was declared "extern" in
rankfile_lex.h, assumedly to indicate that it is "owned" by the lex.l
file...?).

6. svn:ignore was not set in the new rankfile directory.

Cisco Systems