Subject: [OMPI devel] bug in openib btl_remove_procs
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-07 14:35:28

I noticed that when btl_remove_procs is invoked on the openib BTL
(e.g., when you "mpirun --mca btl self,openib ...", an openib endpoint
will be removed because self's exclusivity will edge it out), the
openib remove_procs() function will not remove the corresponding
endpoint on mca_btl_openib_proc_t->proc_endpoints[] array even though
the endpoint was OBJ_RELEASE'ed (and freed).

This was causing a problem for me on the cpc branch because we
actually examine that array. Can someone sanity check this commit?
(it's on the cpc branch; it's apparently not a problem on the current
trunk -- if it's ok, we can bring it in when the cpc stuff comes back
to the trunk)

     https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/17784

Thanks.

Cisco Systems