Subject: [OMPI devel] libevent vs. libev
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-06 16:38:49

FYI: since I was the one who stirred up the hornet's nest a while
ago :-), I thought I'd update everyone -- we're actually *not* going
to use libev anymore. We're simply going to update to a newer version
of libevent, which seems to have all the things that we care about
(better performance, smaller footprint, etc.).

George/UTK has done a bunch of the work for upgrading (based on a pile
of information provided by Brian at the Paris meeting); I'm helping
them integrate it into the trunk over the next week or so.

Cisco Systems