Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] PLPA ready?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-20 08:01:34

On Feb 19, 2008, at 10:12 AM, Sharon Melamed wrote:

> In the patch you sent the variables: num_processors, num_sockets and
> num_cores are lost outside the paffinity framework.
> I need those in the ODLS framework. what do think about the attached
> patch?

I guess I was torn between reporting num_processors/sockets and
max_socket|core_id. Really, you need both, right? It is possible
that the number of processors and/or sockets are not contiguous.

(fwiw: this is specifically what I was referring to when I was talking
about returning the paffinity API)

Cisco Systems