Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] PLPA ready?
From: Pak Lui (Pak.Lui_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-19 11:56:36

I am guessing it will not messing us up because these are the functions
that Solaris doesn't really implement yet, right? Last time I check we
are still hunting for some stable interfaces in Solaris to implement them.

Terry Dontje wrote:
> Jeff Squyres wrote:
>> $%@#$% Sorry.
>>
>> I saw that and fixed it in my local OMPI SVN copy last night as well.
>> Here's a patch to make it go (I obviously didn't want to commit this
>> until the new PLPA goes in). We *may* want to revise the paffinity
>> API to match PLPA, not because Linux is the one-and-only-way, but
>> because we actually took some effort in PLPA to make a fairly neutral
>> API.
>>
> Jeff can you work with Pak to make sure this doesn't completely mess up
> Solaris' processor affinity methods in OMPI.
>
> --td
>
>> On Feb 19, 2008, at 8:59 AM, Sharon Melamed wrote:
>>
>>> Jeff,
>>>
>>> The new PLPA fails in compilation. there is a need to change the
>>> paffinity API's:
>>> 1. max_processor_id with one parameter --> get_processor_info with 2
>>> parameters.
>>> 2. max_socket with one parameter --> get_socket_info with 2 parameters.
>>> 3. max_core with 2 parameters --> get_core_info with 3 parameters.
>>>
>>> I changed these API's internally in my copy of the trunk and tested
>>> the new PLPA.
>>> it works properly.
>>>
>>> Do you have an idea how to integrate the new PLPA with the new API's ?
>>>
>>> Sharon.

- Pak Lui
pak.lui_at_[hidden]