Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] PLPA ready?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-19 11:53:18

Will do. I stress that it *might* be worthwhile -- I think it at
least partially depends on what Voltaire does and whether they think
it should change (since they're the first ones using the paffinity API
in a meaningful way).

If we want to change it, it would probably be good to do so before 1.3
so that the interface can be [at least pseudo-]stable for the 1.3.x
series.

Just my $0.02...

On Feb 19, 2008, at 11:47 AM, Terry Dontje wrote:

> Jeff Squyres wrote:
>> $%@#$% Sorry.
>>
>> I saw that and fixed it in my local OMPI SVN copy last night as well.
>> Here's a patch to make it go (I obviously didn't want to commit this
>> until the new PLPA goes in). We *may* want to revise the paffinity
>> API to match PLPA, not because Linux is the one-and-only-way, but
>> because we actually took some effort in PLPA to make a fairly neutral
>> API.
>>
> Jeff can you work with Pak to make sure this doesn't completely mess
> up
> Solaris' processor affinity methods in OMPI.
>
> --td
>

>> On Feb 19, 2008, at 8:59 AM, Sharon Melamed wrote:
>>
>>> Jeff,
>>>
>>> The new PLPA fails in compilation. there is a need to change the
>>> paffinity API's:
>>> 1. max_processor_id with one parameter --> get_processor_info with 2
>>> parameters.
>>> 2. max_socket with one parameter --> get_socket_info with 2
>>> parameters.
>>> 3. max_core with 2 parameters --> get_core_info with 3 parameters.
>>>
>>> I changed these API's internally in my copy of the trunk and tested
>>> the new PLPA.
>>> it works properly.
>>>
>>> Do you have an idea how to integrate the new PLPA with the new
>>> API's ?
>>>
>>> Sharon.

Cisco Systems