Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] PLPA ready?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-19 11:40:06

$%@#$% Sorry.

I saw that and fixed it in my local OMPI SVN copy last night as well.
Here's a patch to make it go (I obviously didn't want to commit this
until the new PLPA goes in). We *may* want to revise the paffinity
API to match PLPA, not because Linux is the one-and-only-way, but
because we actually took some effort in PLPA to make a fairly neutral
API.

On Feb 19, 2008, at 8:59 AM, Sharon Melamed wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> The new PLPA fails in compilation. there is a need to change the
> paffinity API's:
> 1. max_processor_id with one parameter --> get_processor_info with 2
> parameters.
> 2. max_socket with one parameter --> get_socket_info with 2
> parameters.
> 3. max_core with 2 parameters --> get_core_info with 3 parameters.
>
> I changed these API's internally in my copy of the trunk and tested
> the new PLPA.
> it works properly.
>
> Do you have an idea how to integrate the new PLPA with the new API's ?
>
> Sharon.
>

> On Feb 19, 2008 4:31 AM, Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Sharon/Lenny --
>>
>> Could you try out the newest PLPA RC for me? I think it's ready. I
>> just posted rc4 to the web site (I posted that rc3 was available, and
>> then found a small bug that necessitated rc4): http://www.open-mpi.org/software/plpa/v1.1/
>>
>> You should be able to do this to test it within an OMPI SVN checkout:
>>
>> cd opal/mca/paffinity/linux
>> mv plpa bogus
>> tar zxf plpa-1.1rc4.tar.gz
>> ln -s plpa-1.1rc4 plpa
>> ./autogen && ./configure ...... && make -j 4 ......
>>
>> Let me know if it works for you properly (configure, build, and
>> function). If so, I think it's ready for release. I'll then do the
>> SVN magic to bring it to the OMPI trunk.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Jeff Squyres
>> Cisco Systems