Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Scheduled merge of ORTE devel branch to trunk
From: Ralph H Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-14 10:37:36

Update on this plan...

I am going to delay merging the branch over to the trunk for awhile, perhaps
several weeks, for several reasons:

1. the trunk is somewhat unstable at the moment. Things are going in and
being backed out, errors in recent commits being found and corrected, etc.
at a pace I simply cannot track during a merge

2. I am still waiting for Galen's commit of the CNL code

3. we are about to hit a long weekend, and I need to get moving again on
development

I had no major conflicts when sync'ing the branch with the trunk, so I don't
think the eventual merge will be a problem. For now, though, perhaps it is
better to let the trunk settle down a little before introducing another
major perturbation.

We can revisit this during Tues telecon and see where we go from here.

Ralph