Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Please set svn:ignore properly
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-13 08:32:12

Understood; I too, have started to use hg internally at Cisco. But I
still take care to set svn:ignore properly when I commit back to the
main repository, for a few reasons:

- SVN is the official SCM for OMPI; it's a choice to *not* use it
- there are still a good chunk of developers using SVN exclusively
- the svn:ignore information can be mined and used in other SCM
systems, such as hg and git (hg has some internal "ignore" problems,
but that's a different issue)

So I still think that everyone should be setting svn:ignore properly.

My $0.02...

Cisco Systems