Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Please set svn:ignore properly
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-13 07:55:31

Yo Jeff

I sympathize with your request. However, we should note that those of us not
using subversion for our work (e.g., using Hg or GIT) may not see this
problem despite best intentions. Those system set "ignore" on a global
basis, not on a per directory basis like svn. So (a) we just don't see any
warning about this, and (b) we don't have a way to set those properties in
our repositories.

When we merge the work from our repository over to an svn checkout, we
typically do not build it there. This helps when we are transitioning back
and forth between the official svn repository and our local repository. So
we again won't see an svn:ignore issue.

I know that doesn't help any, but I think it probably explains the majority
of what you are seeing. I'm not sure there is a good answer, unfortunately.

Ralph