Well....best laid plans of mice and men, as they say.
We were just having -way- too much fun here at IBM today going over the new
ORTE design, planning for future scalability changes, etc., so American
decided to cancel my flight back home! So thoughtful!
I will be spending my Wed (hopefully!) enroute back home. It looks like it
will be Thurs before I can do the merge. My apologies to all - but I would
really rather not try to do it from a notebook computer in an airline
On 2/12/08 9:54 AM, "Jeff Squyres" <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Ralph --
> We talked about this on the OMPI con call today and everyone agrees
> that this seems to be a good plan. Just as a safety net: if the merge
> goes disastrously wrong and you're unavailable Thu/Fri this week, we
> can just back it out and try again later.
> On Feb 11, 2008, at 11:37 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:
>> Hello all
>> Per last week's telecon, we planned the merge of the latest ORTE devel
>> branch to the OMPI trunk for after Sun had committed its C++
>> changes. That
>> happened over the weekend.
>> Therefore, based on the requests at the telecon, I will be merging the
>> current ORTE devel branch to the trunk on Wed 2/13. I'll make the
>> around 4:30pm Eastern time - will send out warning shortly before
>> the commit
>> to let you know it is coming. I'll advise of any delays.
>> This will be a snapshot of that devel branch - it will include the
>> launch system, remove the GPR, add the new tool communication
>> library, allow
>> arbitrary mpiruns to interconnect, supports the revamped hostfile and
>> dash-host behaviors per the wiki, etc.
>> However, it is incomplete and contains some known flaws. For example,
>> totalview support has not been enabled yet. Comm_spawn, which is
>> broken on the OMPI trunk, is fixed - but singleton comm_spawn remains
>> broken. I am in the process of establishing support for direct and
>> standalone launch capabilities, but those won't be in the merge. I
>> updated all of the launchers, but can only certify the SLURM, TM,
>> and RSH
>> ones to work - the Xgrid launcher is known to not compile, so if you
>> Xgrid on your Mac, you need to tell the build system to not build that
>> This will give you a chance to look over the new arch, though, and I
>> understand that people would like to begin having a chance to test and
>> review the revised code. Hopefully, you will find most of the bugs
>> to be
>> Please advise of any concerns about this merge. The schedule is
>> driven by the requests of the MPI team members (delaying the merge
>> has no
>> impact on ORTE development), so requests to shift the schedule
>> should be
>> discussed amongst the community.
>> devel mailing list