Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] status of LSF integration work?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-12 16:21:28

On Feb 12, 2008, at 4:09 PM, ejon wrote:

> I'll definitely plan an upgrade to the latest LSF release (7.0
> update 2),
> then. Given the roadmap, I think I'm way better off forging ahead
> with MPI
> on LSF than implementing a separate solution. I didn't really expect
> production-ready code at this point. Just checking whether it was
> still
> planned for 1.3, really (the last thing I saw in the mailing lists
> was fairly discouraging).
>
> I'm willing to dedicate some time to testing code if you think it
> would be
> helpful.

That would be great, thanks.

Note that there is a fairly major change coming in to our run-time
portion of the trunk tomorrow afternoon (a snapshot from a long-
standing run-time development branch) which will overhaul just about
everything -- including the LSF support. The LSF stuff probably
hasn't been [fully] updated and definitely has not yet been tested
under the overhaul.

Never fear -- LSF support is a feature we've committed to, so it will
definitely be there for v1.3.

Cisco Systems