Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] merging new PLPA to the trunk
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-12 15:34:01

On Feb 12, 2008, at 7:11 AM, Lenny Verkhovsky wrote:

> During coding new RMAPS component I found strange behavior of PLPA.
> Same
> behavior that was described in
> http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/plpa-users/2007/04/0073.php
>
> I believe that it was fixed in new version of PLPA.
>
> This new version needed to be merged to the trunk due to bug fixes and
> changes in API.
>
> If there is no objection I volunteer to do it.

That would be great. Please use the official SVN "3rd party import"
guidelines. There's a /vendor/plpa branch that *may* be in good shape
for this, but may not (I don't think I fully grokked the SVN 3rd part
import procedures when I was using that branch before). :-\ In a
worst-cast scenario, we can "reset the clock" in the /vendor/plpa
branch and make the new PLPA version be the "first" version in that
tree (i.e., as if it were the first version we imported).

What's your timeframe?

I ask because it would probably be best if I finally get around to
releasing a stable version of PLPA. The last version is technically
still a beta.

Cisco Systems