Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] VT integration: make distclean problem
From: Andreas Knüpfer (andreas.knuepfer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-12 06:52:47

On Monday 11 February 2008, Josh Hursey wrote:
> I've been noticing another problem with the VT integration. If you do
> a "./configure --enable-contrib-no-build=vt" a subsequent 'make
> distclean' will fail in contrib/vt. The 'make distclean' will succeed
> with VT enabled (default).

hm, tricky. I guess it is about the 'make dist' functionality. All others
like 'make distclean' etc. are only assisting functionality for 'make dist'
after all.

And for 'make dist' you need to have everything configured that is going to be
part of the distribution. Therefore, VT needs to be part of the tarball, so
you can disable it at build time. It would not work the other way around.

So in my opinion, the current status is what we want to have. Are there any
problems when configuring VT, then building the tarball with VT and disabling
it once you build Open MPI from the tarball?

Regards, Andreas

--
Dipl. Math. Andreas Knuepfer,
Center for Information Services and