Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] VT integration: make distclean problem
From: Ralf Wildenhues (Ralf.Wildenhues_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-11 15:05:57

* Josh Hursey wrote on Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 07:31:25PM CET:
> I've been noticing another problem with the VT integration. If you do
> a "./configure --enable-contrib-no-build=vt" a subsequent 'make
> distclean' will fail in contrib/vt. The 'make distclean' will succeed
> with VT enabled (default).

ATM the toplevel configury does not run configure in contrib/vt/vt, if
that is disabled. I think that's intended. But it also means that a
distribution built from such a build tree cannot be complete, i.e.,
contain all contribs, because their Makefiles do not exist which contain
the respective dist rules. Likewise for distclean and maintainer-clean.

I suppose for distclean, this could be worked around uglily (please
speak up if you want me to take a shot at it), but if you want all of
these to work out of the box even for --enable-contrib-no-build=vt, then
you need to run configure for vt every time. Sorry 'bout that.

Cheers,
Ralf