Subject: [OMPI devel] request help debugging openib btl problem
From: Ralph Campbell (ralph.campbell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-08 17:52:35

I'm using openmpi 1.2.5 with a QLogic HCA and using the
openib btl (not PSM). osu_latency and osu_bw work OK but
when I run osu_bibw with a message size of 2MB (1<<21),
it hangs in btl_openib_component_progress() waiting for something.

I tried adding printfs at each point where ibv_post_send(),
ibv_post_recv(), and ibv_poll_cq() are called and then ran
a python script which verified that all sends and recvs got a
good completion notice in the posted order
(mca_btl_openib_component.use_srq is zero for this test)
Note that only RC SEND (12252 byte) messages are being sent
at this point.

I can send the trace of ibv_* calls if it will help.

Any suggestions what to look for are welcome.