Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OpenMPI on Cell BE
From: Ralph H Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-06 12:35:05

Hi Resat

I'm sorry I am not communicating clearly. I recognized the acronym. What I
don't fully understand is what you mean by "tested on Cell BE"?

If you mean "have we run Open MPI on a machine entirely composed of Cell
BE's", then the answer is "no". However, if you mean "have we run Open MPI
on a hybrid machine that includes a Cell BE", then the answer is "yes".
However, we have still not really developed a fully supported capability for
running MPI procs on both the host and the Cell BE - that remains under
development.

Is there a particular motivation for this question?

Thanks
Ralph