Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] VT in trunk + how to disable
From: Andreas Knüpfer (andreas.knuepfer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-05 11:00:43

Hi Josh, hi everybody,

we'd like to have VampirTrace enabled by default -- well, of course we do ;)

Our main reason is the potential users: As soon as they want to use our tool
they want to use it with the same configuration as the default Open MPI
installation. Making the administrator re-install it at this point would be
most inconvenient.

If you're _not_ using our tools, you will _not_ see any difference at all
while using the Open MPI installation or running your MPI program.

And regarding configuration and compilation of Open MPI itself, we try hard to
make everything robust and smooth.

As there is no one insisting in disabled by default, we'd like to keep it
enabled by default. I hope this is ok with everybody.

Best regards, Andreas

--
Dipl. Math. Andreas Knuepfer,
Center for Information Services and