Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] vt compiler warnings and errors
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-01 08:10:15

On Feb 1, 2008, at 5:35 AM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> These files do not belong in SVN, they are generated by aclocal:
> ompi/contrib/vt/vt/extlib/otf/aclocal.m4
> ompi/contrib/vt/vt/aclocal.m4

I think both of these have their own configure scripts, meaning that
they were autoconfed/automaked/whatever before they were put into OMPI.

And in hindsight, this fits in with exactly what our original goal
was: take a VT tarball and dump it into OMPI's SVN. Doh!

So I think the question still remains: can we hook VT's autoconf (et
al.) requirements into the top-level autogen.sh so that the trunk copy
of vt doesn't have configure/aclocal.m4/etc. and OMPI's top-level
autogen.sh will create them?

Cisco Systems