Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] VT in trunk + how to disable
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-01 07:36:28

Should the default be to *disable* vampirtrace?

I mention this since, I assume, most people do not depend on this
tool for every Open MPI install. Meaning that Open MPI does not
require this integration for correct MPI functionality unlike
something like ROMIO [example of opt-out functionality which is 3rd
party].

So I would suggest to the group that vampirtrace be an opt-in
functionality.

What do others think?

-- Josh