Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Fwd: === CREATE FAILURE ===
From: Rolf Vandevaart (Rolf.Vandevaart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-24 18:20:42

Hi Jeff:

Works for me. I downloaded both the gz and bz2 formats. Unzipped and
untarred using Solaris tar on sparc and all looks good. No issues with
the long filename.

I also ran configure and saw this error:
config.status: error: cannot find input file:
ompi/mca/pml/v/vprotocol/pessimist/Makefile.in

I assume that has nothing to do with the tar issue?

Rolf

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Rolf -- I've made tarballs in the ustar format; can you give them a
> whirl?
>
> http://www.open-mpi.org/~jsquyres/unofficial/
>

> On Jan 24, 2008, at 5:07 PM, Rolf Vandevaart wrote:
>
>> Jeff Squyres wrote:

>>> Can Solaris untar the other formats?
>>>
>> I just did a quick check on Solaris tar and GNU tar on Solaris 9 and
>> 10.
>> It looks like Solaris tar can handle the v7,oldgnu,ustar,gnu. It
>> seemed to handle the posix format, but spit out some complaints.
>>
>> (tar: ompi/PaxHeaders.19602/test_get1_mod.c~: typeflag 'x' not
>> recognized, converting to regular file)
>>
>> I can dig deeper into this if we need to. From what I have read maybe
>> using the ustar format will satisfy all our needs? We get the longer
>> filenames and compatibility with older tars. The tar man page on
>> Solaris 9 and 10 does not mention a 99 character limit, it says:
>>
>> "the filename cannot
>> exceed 256 characters. In addition,
>> it must be possible to split the
>> name between parent directory names