Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] patch for building gm btl
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-03 16:55:41

Patrick,

  Thanks for the info.
  Jeff and I are working (well Jeff is working anyway) to get MTT setup
on my cluster to do MTT builds against both the GM-1.6.4 and GM-2.0.19
libs I have installed. While there is no current development at Myricom
for GM, there are still folks with older hardware in the field who are
using GM (and in my case will continue to do so until the hardware dies).
  We have only 2 nodes (GM-2.0.19) to run on and Jeff and I have yet to
discuss what tests we will run, but it will probably be a very minimal
set. Once we both have MTT setup and running GM tests, we should
compare configs to avoid overlap (and thus increase coverage).

-Paul

Patrick Geoffray wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Paul H. Hargrove wrote:
>
>> The fact that this has gone unfixed for 2 months suggests to me that
>> nobody is building the GM BTL. So, how would I go about checking ...
>>

>> a) ...if there exists any periodic build of the GM BTL via MTT?
>>

> We are deploying MTT on all our clusters. Right now, we use our own MTT
> server, but we will report a subset of the test to the OpenMPI server
> once everything is working.
>

>> c) ...which GM library versions such builds, if any, compile against
>>

> There is no GM tests currently under our still-evolving MTT setup. Once
> we have a working setup, we will run a single Pallas test on 32 nodes
> with GM-2.1.28, two 2G NICs per node (single and dual port). There is no
> active development on GM, just kernel updates, so the GM version does
> not matter much.
>
> Patrick

Future Technologies Group