Subject: [OMPI devel] openib xrc CPC minor nit
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-20 17:39:36

Pasha --

I notice in the port info struct that you have a member for the lid,
but only #if HAVE_XRC. Per a comment in the code, this is supposed to
save bytes when we're using OOB (because we don't need this value in
the OOB CPC).

I think we should remove this #if and always have this struct member.
~4 extra bytes (because it's DSS packed) is no big deal. It's packed
in with all the other modex info, so the message is already large. 4
more bytes per port won't make a difference (IMHO).

And keep in mind that #if HAVE_XRC is true if XRC is supported -- we
still send the extra bytes if XRC is supported and not used (which is
the default when compiling for OFED 1.3, no?).

So I think we should remove those #if's and just always have that data
member there. It's up to the CPC's if they want to use that info or
not.

Any objections to me removing this #if on the openib-cpc branch? (and
eventual merge back up to the trunk)

Cisco Systems