Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] valgrind warnings (uninited mem passed to syscall)
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-18 15:41:27

There is not at this point. There's stuff in the works (HLRS is
working on some cool valgrind integration which goes beyond normal
memory checking), but it's not ready yet.

I'm aware of at least one place in the oob tcp that gets such a
warning (we're sending an entire struct down the wire, but there's
some "holes" in the memory such that we don't care about the values
and they are therefore uninitialized); where are you seeing the issue?

On Dec 17, 2007, at 4:08 PM, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm getting valgrind warnings related to syscalls with uninitialized
> memory (with release 1.2.4).
>
> Before providing more details and code reproducing the problem, I
> would like to know if there is any configure option I should take care
> of which enables extra memory initialization (--enable-debug is
> enough? I ask this because MPICH2 has specific configure option for
> this, perhaps you also have something similar).
>
> --
> Lisandro Dalcín

Cisco Systems