Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] pointer_array
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-17 08:53:14

I see a few changes in this patch that seem to be unrelated to the s/
orte_pointer_array/opal_pointer_array/g change:

1. Several ORTE files add <string.h> (and nothing else)
2. I see a <tab> in ompi/class/Makefile.am :-)
3. Some superfluous indenting changes (op.h, and coll_hierarch, etc.)
4. Changes from extern "C" to BEGIN/END_C_DECLS (in the pml, etc.)
5. ia32/atomic.h changes a #define

I'm not opposed to any of these changes (except maybe #5 -- I'm not
sure why that change is there? We *do* have compset_64 for ia32; it's
just not inline...?), but it would be good if they could come in
separately so that the actual s/orte_pointer_array/opal_pointer_array/
g change could be isolated as a discrete changeset.

On Dec 16, 2007, at 6:18 PM, George Bosilca wrote:

> Right, I wonder why it didn't show in the patch file. Anyway, it
> completely remove the orte_pointer_array.[ch] as well as the
> ompi_pointer_array.[ch] file.
>
> Thanks,
> george.
>
> On Dec 16, 2007, at 12:01 AM, Tim Mattox wrote:
>
>> The patch looks good to my eyeballs, though I've not done any
>> testing with it.
>> I presume a follow on patch would remove the orte_pointer_array.
>> [ch] files?
>>
>> On Dec 15, 2007 4:01 PM, George Bosilca <bosilca_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> I have a patch that unify the pointer array implementations into
>>> just
>>> one. Right now, we have 2 pointer array implementations: one for
>>> ORTE
>>> and one for OMPI. The differences are small and mostly insignificant
>>> (there is no way to add more than 2^31 elements in the pointer array
>>> anyway). The following patch propose to merge these two pointer
>>> array
>>> into one, implemented in OPAL (and called opal_pointer_array).
>>>
>>> If nobody has complained before Wednesday noon I'll commit the
>>> patch.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> george.

>> --
>> Tim Mattox, Ph.D. - http://homepage.mac.com/tmattox/
>> tmattox_at_[hidden] || timattox_at_[hidden]
>> I'm a bright... http://www.the-brights.net/

Cisco Systems