Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] initial SCTP BTL commit comments?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-13 07:03:52

On Dec 12, 2007, at 11:09 AM, Andrew Friedley wrote:

>> Either seems fine to me; the ofud method seems a little less elegant
>> -- was there a reason not to use exclusivity here? Was it just
>> the fact that TCP's exclusivity is already the lowest possible
>> value (0)?
> Sorry.. try putting my name in the email or something so I know you're
> asking me.

What, you don't pore over each and every e-mail that is sent to this
list? :-)

> I think there was but I don't remember right now. If a low
> exclusivity
> for the UD BTL means it won't get used with the RC BTL, then that's
> fine. I don't like that string parsing code anyway. Suggestions on
> what to set the exclusivity to?

The LOW value is 0. The TCP BTL now sets itself to LOW+100 (the
lowest of the built-in BTLs that is expected to be used by default),
and the SCTP BTL now sets itself to LOW.

So perhaps 0? (and then remove the string parsing gorp)

Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems