Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] initial SCTP BTL commit comments?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-13 07:03:52

On Dec 12, 2007, at 11:09 AM, Andrew Friedley wrote:

>> Either seems fine to me; the ofud method seems a little less elegant
>> -- was there a reason not to use exclusivity here? Was it just
>> the fact that TCP's exclusivity is already the lowest possible
>> value (0)?
>
> Sorry.. try putting my name in the email or something so I know you're
> asking me.

What, you don't pore over each and every e-mail that is sent to this
list? :-)

> I think there was but I don't remember right now. If a low
> exclusivity
> for the UD BTL means it won't get used with the RC BTL, then that's
> fine. I don't like that string parsing code anyway. Suggestions on
> what to set the exclusivity to?

The LOW value is 0. The TCP BTL now sets itself to LOW+100 (the
lowest of the built-in BTLs that is expected to be used by default),
and the SCTP BTL now sets itself to LOW.

So perhaps 0? (and then remove the string parsing gorp)

Cisco Systems