Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] initial SCTP BTL commit comments?
From: Andrew Friedley (afriedle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-12 11:09:09

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Alternatively, you could do what the ofud BTL does (a currently
> experimental BTL): look for the string "ofud" in the "btl" MCA
> parameter -- i.e., see if the user explicitly asked for the ofud BTL.
> If not found (doing the Right Things with the "^" operator, of
> course), then disable the ofud BTL by returning NULL from the
> component_init() function.
>
> Either seems fine to me; the ofud method seems a little less elegant
> -- was there a reason not to use exclusivity here? Was it just the
> fact that TCP's exclusivity is already the lowest possible value (0)?

Sorry.. try putting my name in the email or something so I know you're
asking me.

I think there was but I don't remember right now. If a low exclusivity
for the UD BTL means it won't get used with the RC BTL, then that's
fine. I don't like that string parsing code anyway. Suggestions on
what to set the exclusivity to?

Andrew