Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] matching code rewrite in OB1
From: Richard Graham (rlgraham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-11 16:14:13

I will re-iterate my concern. The code that is there now is mostly nine
years old (with some mods made when it was brought over to Open MPI). It
took about 2 months of testing on systems with 5-13 way network parallelism
to track down all KNOWN race conditions. This code is at the center of MPI
correctness, so I am VERY concerned about changing it w/o some very strong
reasons. Not apposed, just very cautious.

Rich