Subject: [OMPI devel] opal_condition_wait
From: Tim Prins (tprins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-06 09:46:45

Hi,

A couple of questions.

First, in opal_condition_wait (condition.h:97) we do not release the
passed mutex if opal_using_threads() is not set. Is there a reason for
this? I ask since this violates the way condition variables are supposed
to work, and it seems like there are situations where this could cause
deadlock.

Also, when we are using threads, there is a case where we do not
decrement the signaled count, in condition.h:84. Gleb put this in in
r9451, however the change does not make sense to me. I think that the
signal count should always be decremented.

Can anyone shine any light on these issues?

Thanks,

Tim